July 11, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
INTERSECTIONALITY BEYOND BUZZWORDS
Beyond Buzzwords: Intersectionality: Theory, Framework, Practice
Intersectionality has become a buzzword used often and often misused. This course examines and engages with primary resources of intersectionality as a theory, framework, and practice. We will discuss how this practice and theory has expanded, critiques, and ways we have done intersectionality incorrectly along with strategies for being better about each part of this critical practice.
Participants will examine and engage with intersectionality as a theory, framework, and praxis.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss the origins of intersectionality as a critical race theory
- List the ways structural, institutional, and systemic bias and oppression impact individuals
- Create a plan of action for including an intersectional praxis / practice in work and life / community
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
AASECT Human Sexuality Core Knowledge Areas
- C: Socio-cultural factors in relation to sexual values and behaviors\
- H: Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
- N: Learning theory and its application
- O. Professional communication and personal refection skills
Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register here: Saturday April 23 & 30, 2022 12pm – 2pm PT / 3pm – 5pm ET
Register here: Monday July 11, 2022 11am – 3pm PT / 2pm – 5pm ET INTENSIVE
Register here: Monday October 17 and 24, 2022 3pm-5pm PT / 6pm – 8pm ET