August 8, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
DISABILITY JUSTICE PART I
This is part one of a two part series. Part one is two sessions and part two is two sessions. Each session is 4 CEs. This course is co-taught with Sins Invalid.
Disability Justice (DJ) is a phrase and framework essential for all of us! The first part of this course offers an overview of the principles and tenants that create DJ. There is an urgency to elevate the work we are doing and allow ourselves to be guided by a fuller understanding of body mind.
At the end of the course Part I, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of DJ
- Apply DJ principles to current and future work
- List common terms used which uphold ableism and alternatives
- Identify how DJ is evolving
- What is Disability Justice?
How do I implement a DJ framework?
- What is ableism?
- What ways does language impact ableism?
- How is ableism rooted in white supremacy?
AASECT Core Knowledge Areas:
- C. Socio-cultural factors
- H. Health/medical factors that may influence sexuality
- N. Learning theory and its application
- Q. Principles of sexuality research and research methods
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 4 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
Register here: February 4, 2022 12pm – 4pm PT / 3pm – 7pm ET INTENSIVE
Register here: May 24 & 31, 2022 3pm – 5pm PT / 6pm – 8pm ET
Register here: August 8 & 15, 2022 3pm – 5pm PT / 6pm – 8pm ET
Register here: November 1, 2022 1pm – 5pm PT / 4pm – 8p ET INTENSIVE