October 21, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
Creating a weekly network of support for educators trying to create anti-racist change in their school.
About this event
The goal of this group is to create a network of support for educators trying to create anti-racist change in their school. We meet WEEKLY for a participatory discussion on a topic around education.
THIS MEETING IS NOT RECORDED as it is discussion-based and largely takes place in breakout rooms. Please plan to attend live and participate in discussion.
Double-check your time zone!
We will take a summer hiatus from June 17-August 11.
We will have a special 1-year anniversary celebration on July 8 at our normal time to reflect on the last year together and look forward to the upcoming school year.
We will resume meeting regularly in August.
This group will focus on:
- connecting with other educators doing anti-racist work in K-12 school settings
- sharing activities and resources we have come across or used to teach anti-racism to staff or students
- supporting each other in the struggle to engage resistant staff, students, administrators, or families
- problem-solving challenges we are facing as we do this work
- collaborating to generate ideas for actions, activities, and policies to promote anti-racism in schools
- examining curriculum and school culture to promote equity, representation, and engagement from all groups
- creating affinity groups within the group in order to discuss the specific needs and challenges of different educator populations
- building a community to collaborate to make changes on a local and larger basis