What have y'all been reading lately? I just finished How We Show Up by Mia Birdsong! If you like Emergent Strategies by adrienne maree brown or Care Work by Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, then I think you'll like this book. I'll include some favorite thoughts, notes, and quotes below to give you a taste before you check it out!
- "We need to reach for grace as we weave in and out of what is me, and what is you, and what is us."
- "...care of others is care of myself. Care of myself is care for others."
- "If we don't ask for or accept help because of the independence we feel we must have, we don't offer it because of the scarcity we feel."
- "We can create more of what we all need when we are in community."
- "We can't build community safety without also building community."
- What does it look like to shift a relationship from casual to intentional? From friend to family?
- How am I being intentional about creating my chosen family and building my community?
I hope these notes inspire you to pick up this book! What else have y'all been reading? What should I read next?