The below resources were collected and shared with us by folks at The California Community Colleges and https://immigrantsrising.org.
Visit these sites for a variety of information categorized by topic.
General Resources Description
AB540.org; This site is designed to address the most common questions raised by undocumented immigrant students who want a better future.
Migrant Policy Institute; The nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute seeks to improve immigration and integration policies through authoritative research and analysis, opportunities for learning and dialogue, and the development of new ideas to address complex policy questions.
National Immigration Law Center;The National Immigration Law Center (NILC) is one of the leading organizations in the U.S. exclusively dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income.
Immigrants Rising; Immigrants Rising seeks to empower undocumented young people to achieve educational and career goals through personal, institutional and policy transformation. They envision an America where all young people can pursue and complete an education with confidence and without constraint.
My Undocumented Life; Provides up-to-date information and resources to undocumented immigrants. Post scholarship opportunities that are open to undocumented students, strategies for navigating the educational system, information on how to apply for DACA, news on immigration policies, etc.
AB 60 Driver; Requires the Department of Motor Vehicles to issue an original driver's license to an applicant who is unable to submit satisfactory proof of legal presence in the United States. Driver license applicants under AB 60 must meet all other qualifications for licensure and must provide satisfactory proof of identity and California residency.
Street Vending; Recently enacted California Senate Bill 946 ( SB 946 the Sage Sidewalk Vending Act ) establishes requirements for local regulation of sidewalk vending. The law also prohibits all criminal penalties for sidewalk vending violations and allows anyone currently or previously prosecuted for a sidewalk vending violation to have a pending prosecution, sentence, fine or conviction dismissed.
Visit these sites for mental health and legal information.
Holistic Support &Legal Resources Description
- UndocuHealing Wheel Infographic on holistic being and care.
- UndocuBlack Mental Wellness Guide 10 things to consider while caring for black undocumented clients.
- Immigration Law Help Legal resources and nonprofits by ZIP code. Department of
- Social Services Legal help providers by county.
Specific Resources Description
- Undocumented Students Resources to help undocumented students achieve their educational goals.
- Current DACA Status Up-to-date information about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
- Undocumented Population A 2017 report on the undocumented population change in the United States.
- MPI Research (2019) How many unauthorized immigrants graduate from U.S. high schools annually?
- National Immigration Law Center Access to postsecondary education: estimates of eligible students.
- FERPA What is FERPA?
- SB 54 Senate Bill No. 54.
- Model Policies Guidance and model policies to assist California s colleges and universities in responding to immigration issues.
- CSAC/Dream Act California Dream Act information & resources.
- How Students Can Pay for College Understand the differences between in-state tuition, CA Dream Act and DACA.
- In-State Tuition Tool Determine if a student meets the requirements for in-state tuition.
- Meeting In-State Tuition Eligibility Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Form.
- Financial Aid in California A visual aid that guides you through the requirements of both the California Dream Act and FAFSA applications.
- California Dream Act Application Information and resources for the California Dream Act.
- FAFSA Application Federal Student Aid application.
- Available Scholarships A list of available scholarships that can be made available in your syllabus.
- Supporting Undocumented Students 10 ways to support undocumented students.
- Entrepreneurship Entrepreneurship resources.
- Interactive Map Campus resources for undocumented students.
- Dreamers Project Final Report Strengthening Institutional Practices to Support Undocumented Student Success.
- Vision Resource Center California Community Colleges Vision Resource Center.
Video Resources Description
- Follow Your Dreams See how the California Dream Act can help students achieve their educational goals.
- UndocuHustle See how Immigrants Rising highlights entrepreneurship initiatives.
- Undocujoy See the complexities and resilience of the undocumented experience.
Immigrants Rising helps you make decisions based on your potential, not your perceived limits. Visit our website so you can see what’s possible: www.immigrantsrising.org. For inquiries regarding this resource, please contact Nancy Jodaitis, Director of Higher Education, at email@example.com.