*Original letter written by Guilu Murphy and Charlie Espedido
Dear DDCSP Community,
We write at this time to extend our thoughts to you and your communities during the COVID-19 health crisis. We know that many of you are dealing with stressful, sudden changes to your personal, professional, and academic commitments, including shelter in place directives/ordinances. We want to recognize the likely direct impact on the DDCSP community and lift up your needs at this time. This crisis also comes with additional financial, physical, and emotional strain, particularly as you each have deep commitments to your communities. Please know that your DDCSP community is here. We encourage you all to continue to support each other within and across cohorts.
COVID-19 places an undue burden on already vulnerable populations and further exposes existing social inequities. To that end, we've collected some mutual aid resources that have links to locally specific resources and fundraisers that may be relevant to you and/or those most impacted.
Mutual Aid Resources
- Coronavirus Resource Kit: This kit is a collectivized document that will be updated as mutual aid projects and resources appear online
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid and Advocacy Resources: This editable document (accessible at bit.ly/covid19collectivecare) is meant to be a resource for people looking out for themselves and their communities through personal preparation, collective care, mutual aid and advocacy.
- Bay Area Mutual Aid and Resources Doc
- DC Mutual Aid and Resources
- NYC Mutual Aid and Resources
- LA Mutual Aid and Resources
- Additional Mutual Aid and Resources
- Resources for Artists
The DDCSP Team is mindful of how this situation could affect our programming, but please feel free to reach out to us with any information as to how we can best support you during this time. If we can help with working from home resources, online meeting tools and ideas, as well as someone to talk to for emotional support, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Please take good care of yourselves and your home communities, and please do reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or any other DDCSP staff if you need to talk.