Big thanks to everyone who made [POLLEN] so amazing! We experimented with a new format and I think it’s been super successful. I can’t wait to see you all again in 2021 for more DDCSP programming! Check out the reading/viewing list for the whole series here.
- adrienne maree brown takes us into 2050 (13:20-25:50), We (poem), Better Worlds: St.Juju, Better Worlds: A Theory of Flight, The Woman Who Chose to Plant Corn (reading & watching, total time 25min)
- (Optional) The Tenants Who Evicted Their Landlord
- Check out the COLLABORATIVE PLAYLIST
- What are the pros and cons of working within a system versus outside of a system you are trying to change?
- How does this translate to our experiences in academia?
- What does it mean when I assume who does or who does not have a college degree?
- How is my reaction for either different?
- “When enough of us follow it, however imperfectly, we will cut new trails leading out of the maze that entraps our civilization.”
- Unofficial trails are called “social trails” in land management or “desire paths” in architecture.
- WHY CAN’T I IMAGINE MY BIRTHDAY SUIT IN 2050?
- And why am i judging that?
- Will there be oppression in the future? What kind?
- Is it beneficial for us to imagine a future without oppression?
- Why are so many past and present sci-fi and futurism works still so focussed on oppressive systems?
- What is technology's place in the future?
- We certainly can't go back.
- Definition of technology: "the sum of the ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization."
- Are we made to outgrow environmentalism?