I know we are all doing our best to support individuals and organizations in their work for justice, as well as supporting people who are just trying to live and thrive under systems of oppression. The amount of need can be quite overwhelming, and it can sometimes take a serious time investment to find people to donate to or tangible steps to take towards action. I've done a lot of that labor for you with this blog, in finding fundraisers and campaigns that have still not met their goals (in signatures or funds) and that support a wide variety of causes. Whether you've got money or time to spare, these are steps that you can easily take to make a difference. Also, don't forget that when sending emails to representatives, always make your message and subject line unique with even slight changes so they don't get filtered straight to the trash.
Please let me know if you find this to be helpful, and I can try to make it a regular series on our blog.
Reach out to Representatives:
- Call Log for Free People Strike
- Fight Toxic Prisons Numbers to Call
- Congress: End Police Militarization and Over-Policing in our Communities Now
- Divest from the Police. Invest in Black and Brown Communities.
- Congress: Expand Voting Access During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Emergency Rent Relief Now
- Save the Kingsborough Community College urban farm
- Release vulnerable incarcerated people IMMEDIATELY to prevent COVID-19 deaths
- Stop Water Shutoffs During a Pandemic
- Urgent Housing Move for Queer Black Organizer
- Support Wendy's Activist Work
- Help Shellie-Ann Build a Sustainable Farm
- help a black femme find safe housing
- Queer Femme in Need of Funds for Housing by August
- Help a Black Queer Femme Remain Housed in Brooklyn
- Help Send Kade Cahe to Coding School for Birthday
- Help a black queer woman pay medical bills
- Help Me Open this Black, Queer Owned Bookstore!
- help Stephanie fund their farm & wellness space
- Help Fund a Black Queer Owned Spa & Sauna
- Help Fund a Black Queer Owned Community Space!
- Love Fed In Costa Rica! (Afro-Botany Immersion)
- Help Pihêsiw Get a Wheelchair & Medical Equipment
- We Stand Together (Support for Survivors)