Thank you to everyone who organized and hosted this Q+A session about Grizzly Corps just for DDCSPers last week! The priority application deadline is this month! And the regular application deadline is May 15th.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Duration: 11 months, September-June
- Location: Sites are located across California.
- Compensation: $22,000 stipend, health insurance, $10,000 education award
- Housing: Provided by some sites, however sites and program staff support fellows in finding housing if not provided by site.
- Eligibility: Have a 4 year degree; Be a US citizen or permanent resident; Commit to the full 11 months
- Application Timeline: Priority Applications open Now-March 31st. Regular Applications open April 1-May 15th.
- Project Areas: Regenerative agri-food systems and Forest & fire resiliency
- Who is this fellowship for?
- This fellowship is best for people 1-3 years out of college or people who have recently changed career paths and are new to conservation work.
- Do I have to live in California to apply?
- Will this fellowship grant me public land corps eligibility?
- How many fellows will there be?
- About 25.
- What are some perks/ other benefits?
- Forbearance of eligible current student loans
- Health insurance
- Access to certain UC Berkeley recourses (library research materials etc.)
- Do I need my red card to do the Forest & fire resiliency track?
- Can I do work in both project areas?
- Yes! Some positions will have work that overlaps with both tracks.
- What's the benefit of applying during the priority deadline?
- Some sites fill their positions on a rolling basis. So the sooner you apply, the better!
For more information, check out the application page!