Where will it take place?
White Oak Conservation Center, Yulee FL
How much will it cost?
Did somebody say FREE? Thanks to the generosity of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, all flights, meals and lodging are fully subsidized for participants.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an alumnus of the Doris Duke Conservation Scholars program.
- To be considered alumni you must have completed both summers of DDCSP.
- Have availability for full five days of the retreat dates for that specific cohort
- Commit to leading or actively participating on alumni council or committees after the retreat and leading up to the all community gathering in April, 2019.
- Be able to articulate how your participation in the Alumni Leadership Cohort can support your leadership growth and how participation can contribute to the development of the alumni network.
In addition, ELP looks for applicants that demonstrate:
- The desire to take on a leadership role in developing the DDCSP Alumni Network
- Commitment to the values of diversity and justice within the environmental and social change fields
- Willingness to actively contribute to the alumni network as well as take advantage of its benefits
What are the selection criteria?
Alumni will be evaluated on their ability to clearly articulate how participating in this program will contribute to the development of the alumni network and further their personal and professional development. When considering applications, we will also strive to select a cohort of alumni who represent the diversity of the alumni network.
What is the selection process?
All alumni who are interested in applying must submit an application. The application consists of one page survey and a short essay of 500 words.
When are applications due?
Applications for ALC3 will open summer 2019.
ELP will review all applications to select finalists for interviews. Finalists will join a virtual interview with ELP staff and/or Senior Fellow and a DDCSP program staff for 45 minutes. ELP and DDCSP program staff will select a final cohort of 20 alumni to participate in the Alumni Leadership Cohort. Selected alumni will have one week to confirm their participation. Alumni who were not selected as finalists will join a wait list and be given priority consideration for the second alumni leadership cohort.
Still have questions?
Email Teri Brezner to share any additional thoughts, questions or concerns.