Welcome to the first ever DDCSP Alumni Council election!
There are 5 spots available on the council, each ready to be filled by one of the 15 amazing anonymous alumni applicants. ELP is not selecting any candidates. All decisions will be made by YOU, the DDCSP Alumni community!
You can vote for up to 5 candidates, but voting sessions are limited to one per scholar. So make sure you vote for everyone you want at the same time. Voting will close on June 20th.
Confused about what the Alumni Council is? Visit our FAQ Page
- Interest in DEI Inititatives
- attentive and eager to pass on knowledge
- passionate forward-thinker
- people-person seeking connection
- PoC Womxn in Tech
- Developer, Geographer, Engineer
- Hoping to build a platform with my colleagues to drive conversation, awareness and community for social justice and conservation
- Aspiring to bridge the gap between conservation and technology
- Being compassionate to one another
- Supporting all members
- Passionate member
- Change comes within oneself
- Support beyond the completion of the program.
- Inclusive network by supporting DACA/Non-DACA and non-science scholars within the network.
- Equal opportunities for professional development, career support, mentorship, entry-level job positions, and higher education for all scholars.
- Maintaining the sense of community through the years.
- DDCSP Alumni united by a common field/discipline AND common hope/visons
- Alumni Council should ensure all alumni feel welcome to participate
- Network can emphasize healing, growth, & shared vision
- The Alumni Network should disturb the status quo, shift how people think
- Network should energize and empower us in our work and lives
- Create a mentorship program where scholars have mentors at their respective institution (similar to what DDCSP @UCSC does).
- Create events, workshops, fellowships, and conferences that include the broader network.
- Motivate and empower scholars by giving them the influence and resources to reach their goals.
- the land is rich but the people are poor
- we should not be learning about the land from institutions
- as conservationists, we have so much resources and knowledge in our network alone
- let's have a long-term vision of releasing our dependence on institutions
- let's help each other and our communities restore our relationships to the land
- life after Doris Duke can often feel unpredictable
- I bring a perspective of understanding and support
- I want to organize events and workshops centered on things not only related to career building but also community building
- Increase representation of individuals from Southeast Asia and the Pacific
- Advocate for different social issues
- Use my experience to contribute to DDCSP and increase the conservation and clean energy network
- Big deep love for people I’ve met through DDCSP
- I’d be a different me if not for them
- I stay drawn to environmental/justice work
- We shine bright (alone and together)
- Let’s dream in technicolour together
- Believes that the DDCSP community is the perfect place to practice revolution, in facilitating an environmental movement made in the image of all of us
- Would like to help push a DDCSP network wide curriculum around the complexities that non-men and/or Black scholars experience in the outdoors
- Would like to push a safety protocol for fieldwork in the DDCSP community
- DDCSP is the most influential part of my education/career
- I want to help the Network grow as a place for support, job, hunting, socializing, learning, and healing
- I want other to capitalize on this experience and to have BIPOC faces in every conservation org
- Radically listen to Scholar’s needs and interests.
- Build awareness and increase access to DDCSP resources.
- Establish cross-program networking opportunities.
- Create opportunities for professional development (ie. connect alumni to prominent researchers, Scholars, and activists in the conversation and environmental field).
- Increase regional events for Scholars to bond and take part in exciting field trips/environmental excursions.
- Hijack the institution and employers
- CC = culture changeeeeeeeeee [up!]
- Life&reality gives us a reason to be upset, SO BE UPSET
- U in commUnity, me in saME(!)... i tried..
- academic and career coaching
- "how" to guidance
- emotional support and encouragement
- plenty of dog and plant pics